Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello, Beautiful


This is my new weapon of choice - the Pentel GFKP brush pen. I got it in the mail last week and it's amazing. It's a great tool for an artist on the run. It's a bit pricey, but for a brush fanatic like myself, it's well worth the money. The only minus is that it doesn't have a refillable inkwell. It requires separate cartridges which run just over a buck apiece. But, oh, does it make a sweet line. For any and all interested, I got mine here. They don't seem to be readily available in the States, so chances are you won't find one at your local art shop. If you wanna kick your ink bottle habit, pick one up.

4 comments:

mattcrap said...

yeah, brush pens are like sextoys for your fingers.

Is that a little Serenity piece you're working on?

scottygod said...

Well said.

That is a little piece featuring Captain Reynolds. It's for the Project Book Babe event this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I got my pentel brushpen during a trip to Japan four or five years ago -- it's awesome that you can buy them in the states now. They're incredible brushes.

I used to think I hated brushpens, but that was because I'd only used micron brushpens.

scottygod said...

I'm with you, Jason. Those Micron and Pitt brush pens are good for about a day.